|Age|| 6 (series)|
|First Appearance||Dragonboat Festival|
|Voiced by||Jade Lianna-Peters|
She is a 6 year old Chinese American girl and is the granddaughter of Ye Ye. Her best friends are Tolee, Hoho, Lulu and Rintoo. She is adorable, sweet, affectionate, friendly, playful, adventurous, cute, bright, very beautiful, and has a big heart. She speaks both English and Mandarin Chinese, and she is eager to share her language, her culture, and her playtime with her animal friends and members of the audience at home. Kai-Lan is a natural leader but she is also thoughtful and caring with a gift for helping her friends when they really need her. Her favorite animals are dinosaurs and in her music group, she plays her tambourine. She was born in November 8, 2001.
Kai Lan has fair skin and has black hair tied up in two buns with red flowers on it. She has white and brown eyes with black and white pupils. She wears a blue sleeveless shirt with two red hearts and a jade necklace on it. She also wears orange shorts with red stripes on it. She also wears red shoes.
- "You make my heart feel super happy." (said at the end of every episode)
- "你好, I'm Kai-Lan." (said at the beginning of every episode)
- "Oh No!" (said when something worse happened)
- "Super Singing!"
- When you see a new kaleidoscope promo for Ni Hao Kai-Lan on Nick Jr, you may see a portion of Kai-Lan's orange shorts with red stripes along with a red shoe as part of a picture of Kai-Lan going up, twirls around and drops down under a video clip of Kai-Lan in a kaleidoscope-styled nature.
- If she was 6 when the show premiered (November 8, 2007), she would be born on November 8, 2001. This means that during Downward Doghouse which aired in 2004, she was 3 at the time the shorts aired.
- In a shirt made by Old Navy, she can be seen wearing red glasses.
Major and Minor