|Kai-Lan's Big Surprise|
|Season 2, Episode 6|
|Air date||May 15, 2009|
The Moon Festival
Kai-Lan's Great Trip to China
Kai-Lan wants to throw a very special thank-you party for Ye Ye to thank him for everything he does, but things take a super sharp turn when a big gust of wind ruins everything, making Kai-Lan super sad. Now it's up to Rintoo, Tolee, Hoho and members of the audience at home have to make her super happy and help her fix the party before Ye Ye gets back from apple picking.
Words in Mandarin Chinese
- 我爱wǒ ài - I love
- Kai-Lan: It'll be a party to say thank you for all the nice things he does for us.
- Kai-Lan: "(Ye-Ye's pineapple cake splats on the grass) Ye-Ye's pineapple cake! (Kai-Lan looks at Ye-Ye's card ripped) Oh, no! Ye-Ye's decorations are messed up! (sniffles) Ye-Ye's card is messed up! And Ye-Ye's pineapple cake is messed up! (cries) Ye-Ye's thank you party is all messed up!!" (sobbing)
- Kai-Lan's friends: "Wow. Whoa."
- Tolee: "Um, Kai-Lan?"
- Rintoo: "Are you sad because Ye-Ye's thank you party is all messed up?"
- Kai-Lan (saddened): "Yes. I wanted the thank you party for Ye-Ye to be just right, but now it's all messed up." (sobs and sniffles)
- This is the first and only episode Kai-lan cries.
- This is the third episode where the three sub-characters (Rintoo, Tolee and Hoho) help the main character (Kai-lan). The other two episodes to use this feature is The Dinosaur Balloon and Rain or Shine