|Season 1, Episode 16|
|Air date||October 8, 2008|
Hoho's Big Flight
Lulu Day is the sixteenth episode of the first season of Ni Hao, Kai-Lan. In this episode, Kai-Lan and Lulu are having a special playdate together, but they end up playing with different things. They soon learn how to compromise their playing so that they can enjoy their playdate.
Kai-Lan recieves a picture of her and Lulu playing together, showing that Lulu wants to have a special playdate with her. Kai-Lan decides that she wants to give her a present, so she makes something that she loves, a pinwheel. She tells the audience how they blow at a pinwheel, and teaches them how to say "blow" in Chinese. Lulu shows up with a present for Kai-Lan, a dinosaur necklace, knowing that she really likes dinosaurs.
Words in Mandarin Chinese
- 吹chuī - blow
- 風車feng chē - pinwheel
- 太阳tài yáng - sun
- 手镯shǒu zhuó - bracelet
- 熊猫xióng māo - panda
- 跑车pǎo chē - race car
- 茶壶chá hú - teapot
- Howard the owl
- Kai-Lan: "Oh, Lulu wants to have a special playdate with me."
- Kai-Lan: "Ye-Ye likes our big bubble."
- In this episode, Rintoo and Tolee do not really appear until the middle of the episode. Hoho does not appear until the near end of the episode.
- This episode marks the second appearance of Howard the owl.
- Kai-Lan and Lulu make a very humongous soap and water bubble in this episode. As such, they also popped their bubble by bouncing up and down together.
|Dragonboat Festival | Twirly Whirly Flyers | Tolee's Rhyme Time | The Ant Playground | Wait, Hoho, Wait! | Kai-Lan's Campout | Happy Chinese New Year! | Everybody's Hat Parade | The Snowiest Ride | Safari Pals | Rain or Shine | Beach Day | Sports Day | Kai-Lan's Carnival | Roller Rintoo | Lulu Day | Hoho's Big Flight | Ni Hao, Halloween|