|Season 2, Episode 16|
|Air date||March 24, 2010|
Pandy's Puddle is the sixteenth episode of the second season of Ni Hao, Kai-Lan, and the show's thirty-fourth overall episode.
Tolee's stuffed panda, Pandy, accidentally gets covered in mud and needs to be taken to the laundry room to get washed. This makes him very upset and makes him cry. Kai-Lan shows him that it's okay to miss someone if they're away, and that they'll be back soon.
Today is the day of the big Garden Celebration and everyone is growing vegetables to enter. Ye Ye has given Kai-Lan and her friends their own gardens so that they could plant vegetables. Kai-Lan grows carrots, Hoho grows bok- choy, Tolee does Chinese turnips, and Rintoo plants snow peas. Tolee is so busy adding water to his turnips that he makes a big mud puddle. So to keep Pandy safe, he places him in his backpack, but while he pulls out a turnip that's about the size of Hoho, he dosen't notice Pandy falling out of his backpack until he shows the turnip to his friends. But when they do notice, Tolee starts getting upset. Everybody tells Ye Ye what had happened and he shows they what he'll do to make him better.
They head off to the laundry room, where Ye Ye tells him that he'll wash Pandy, and then he'll dry him. Tolee refuses to give him away and states that he'll miss him, but he finally changes his mind, making him even more upset. The gang is on their way to the garden celebration, when they notice that Tolee is not with them. They head back to the house, where they find Tolee looking at Pandy getting washed. He tells him that he misses being with him, making him want to cry. Kai-Lan seeks Ye Ye for help and he asks her how she would feel if he went away. She states that having him back would make her feel better.
Kai-Lan heads back to tell Tolee that it's okay to miss someone while they're gone. Hearing that makes Tolee feel a bit better, and he can make something to help him remember him. The gang heads into Kai-Lan's room, where they help Tolee make a card that he can carry around with him, plus a picture of them at the campout. Once they get all those things, they all head out to the garden celebration. They all put their vegetables on display and gather around as San San announces the winner. Everybody gets excited for Tolee's win and he goes up to the stage to recieve his prize. But while he's up there, he states that he couldn't wait to show his prize to Pandy, making him miss him all over again. Kai-Lan tells him to look at his picture and calms him down again. Ye Ye shows up and presents him with a big surprise, and it was his newly cleaned stuffed panda, and Tolee felt much happier. He thanks Kai-Lan and the gang gets their picture taken. Once again, Kai-Lan closes out the episode and says to the viewers that they'll be back.
Words in Mandarin Chinese
- 胡萝卜hú luó bo - carrot
- Kai-Lan: At the garden celebration, the biggest and best vegetables will win prizes.
- Rintoo: It's an awesome day for a garden celebration, Kai-Lan.
- Kai-Lan: Tolee, you're a really great friend to him.
- Tolee: I love Pandy. I don't know what I'd do without him, and I like gardening even better when Pandy's around.
- Tolee: Whoops. Look Pandy, I made a big puddle. Everything's really wet. I'm going to put you safe in my backpack, so you stay nice and dry.
- Kai-Lan: Aw, Tolee, are you crying?
- Kai-Lan: Tolee, are you crying because you miss Pandy?
- Tolee: Yes. (sniffles) I miss him SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! I don't wanna be away from him. (sobs and sniffles)
- This episode is the first time of which Tolee has ever cried in tears.
- When Kai-Lan speaks to the audience at home about Tolee, she had a frown on her face. This would be very hard for Tolee, because he had to be crying too much.
- Please note in this episode that Mr. Sun appears until the sequence where everyone discovers that Pandy had fallen into the puddle, but Mr. Sun does not really appear again until the very end of the episode.
- Please note that Kai-Lan felt extremely sad, just like in the episode "Kai-Lan's Big Surprise". Also note that Rintoo cried in the halloween episode, and that Hoho cried in "The Moon Festival". In this episode and "The Hula Duck Dance Party", Tolee is now the person who has ever cried in tears.
- This episode has been dubbed "The Most Dramatic Episode" in Ni Hao Kai-lan history.