|Rintoo's New Leaf|
|Season 1, Episode 9|
|Air date||March 31, 2012|
Stompy's Food Craving
The Great White Trophy
Rintoo's New Leaf is the nineth episode of the first season of Kai-Lan's Royal Adventures, and the show's ninth overall episode. It aired after the Kids' Choice Awards on March 31, 2012. In the episode, Rintoo and a race car driver switch jobs for the day, to see which one has the easiest job, but they soon come to find out that both of them have awesome jobs.
After watching a race on TV, Rintoo decides that he wants to become a race car driver. So he goes to the race track to see the cars practicing for an upcoming race. All of a sudden, a famous race car driver by the name of Matt Vaughn walks by him and tells him that dreams of being an emperor one day. So they decide to switch jobs for the day. Rintoo and Hoho take Matt's car out for a test run.
Meanwhile, Matt meets up with Kai-Lan and the royal advisors, teling him about his big switch with Rintoo, plus his dreams of being an emperor. Rintoo gets extra excited when he gets to be in his very first race, with Hoho along to help him out. As the race goes on, the race officials believe that Matt is in the race, but is not. After Rintoo's big win, the two decide to switch back to their regular jobs, proving that they were happy the way they were
- Rintoo: "You know, it would be even awesome to become a professional race car driver."
- Kai-Lan: "That's not all we do. We take care of the palace, make sure that our plants are properly watered, and we have a good record in royalty."
- Matt: "I can't believe it. After all these years, I'm finally gonna be emperor for the day. Why didn't I think of this before? I can tell that this is gonna be a good day. I wonder what orders I can take? Probably to get Rintoo's guards to give me a message or something. Or tell 'em to give me some food. Yeah, yeah, that's it. I'll tell him that."
- The episode title is a reference to the SpongeBob SquarePants episode, New Leaf.
- Hoho does not actually have carsickness, but unfortunately got it when Rintoo sped the car up a little.
- The episode was originally suppose to air on March 17, and again on March 24, but failure to finish the episode held delayed the premiere. Until finally, the decision came up to March 31, after the 2012 Kids' Choice Awards.